The nature of the ClosureTurf™ system design provides an excellent foundation for environmentally friendly renewable energy through the implementation of solar panel arrays. Closure Turfʼs unique cover system enables solar panels to operate in a clean environment free of dust, grass clippings and potential damage from lawn mowing equipment for the highest possible efficiency.
And, the exceptionally durable heavy load bearing ClosureTurf™ platform enables complete accessibility for installation, maintenance and re- placement of PV panels. A positive energy source that benefits landfill operators as well as the entire community, solar panel arrays result in a practical post closure use of expansive landfill acreage.
- 1. Why siting solar on landfills is superior to other sites including green fields?
- Productive use – financially and environmentally – of wasted land resource
- Receives superior financial incentives in some jurisdictions
- Prevents clear-cutting and grading of forests and green fields
- Makes use of existing access roads, storm water management, and security perimeters
- Hidden from public view
- 2. Why ClosureTurf is more well-suited to host solar than even traditional landfills?
- Zero vegetative maintenance and soiling from clippings and dust – increases durability and efficiency, reduces risk of damage
- Provides superior access and support for maintenance equipment
- Significantly less site prep required
- Significantly reduced risk of washout